Friday, April 9, 2010

Countdown - Thirty days

In less than an hour it will be Saturday.
Then my countdown will be thirty days before I go back to Florence.

I will be taking eight students for a university summer study abroad program, going to the art historical sites and drawing all over the city and beyond. The students will be staying in apartments in the city center, shopping at the markets, cooking their meals (at least part of the time), exploring and just having fun.

My rental apartment is on Via Palazzuolo, west of the very center of Florence, but still in the middle of it all. For me, returning to Florence will be a mixture of the familiar with always so much that is new. But, in bringing my students with me, I always get a taste of my first experiences of the place.

I want to give you a taste, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment